We want your concert experience at the Delaware Symphony to be comfortable and enjoyable.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about our concerts:
Single tickets — purchased in advance by calling 302-656-7442 or online at delawaresymphony.org — can be held at our Will Call tables in your name directly inside the doors to the main entrance of The Grand Opera House for Classics concerts or the DuPont Country Club for Chamber concerts. For Lewes Classics concerts, our Will Call table will be located near the entrance to the performance space inside Cape Henlopen High School.
Subscription tickets are mailed together when payment is received in full for the order. If you have misplaced your tickets, please call Director of Patron Services Hannah Leposa at 302-656-7442 for replacements.
Parking lots for Wilmington concerts are available at the DoubleTree Hotel, directly behind The Grand Opera House at 700 N. King Street and at the Mid-Town Park Garage, located at 805 N Orange Street.
Parking for the Lewes concerts, can be easily found in the Cape Henlopen High School parking lot.
For Wilmington concerts, Market Street and the surrounding Downtown Business District offer a variety of delectable restaurants, all within a short walk of The Grand. They range from traditional American to fusion, to upscale dining. Many offer locally sourced food and drink as well. A sampling of these choices include:
- Chelsea Tavern (located directly across Market Street from The Grand)
- Stitch House Brewery (also across Market Street from The Grand)
- DE.CO (a multi-venue food hall located inside the DuPont Building at Market & 10th Streets)
- Bardea Food & Drink (located a few block down Market Street from The Grand)
- La Fia (located a short walk away at 4th & Market Streets, across from The Queen)
For Lewes performances, located inside Cape Henlopen High School, there are many delicious restaurants in downtown Lewes but some fun options also nearby to the school. Some of these are:
- Big Oyster Brewery (just down the road from the school)
- The Station on Kings (also just down the road from the school)
- Crooked Hammock Brewery (on the road before you get to the school)
- Heirloom (heading into downtown Lewes)
- Rose & Crown (in the Hotel Rodney in downtown Lewes)
Some concertgoers may dress up and others may dress more casually for DSO concerts. Many patrons wear business or business-casual attire. However, what matters most is your concert experience, not how you look, so we encourage you to wear what makes you comfortable!
Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m., and we make every effort to begin on time. Our performance venues (Copeland Hall in Wilmington and Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes) open for seating one hour prior to the performance. Please allow ample time to park, pick up your tickets, and settle in.
Concerts average around two hours, including a 20-minute intermission.
Each printed program contains program notes about the music included in that evening’s performance. Our performance venues (Copeland Hall in Wilmington and Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes) open for patrons one hour before the performance begins. You are welcome to arrive at that time to get settled in, and and read about and become familiar with the music being performed.